Get The Best Car Insurance Quotes In Ottawa From The Leading Auto Insurance Broker.
Your car is likely your main source of mobility. Yet as we all know, the risk of an accident is always there, which can not only damage your car, but you, your passengers, other people, and property.
Our team at Oegema Nicholson in Ottawa will build the right automobile insurance policy to protect your every need (mandatory and optional), and we’ll be there, on cue, to get you back on your feet and back on the road. Request a quote today or learn more about your options, discounts, and other details below. Thinking of purchasing a new or replacement vehicle in Ottawa? We determine the cost of insuring various vehicles to help in your purchase decision.
- Multi-vehicle – All companies offer discounts if you have more than one vehicle
- Mature/Age – Many of our companies offer discounts based on your age
- Multi-policy – if you insure your car and home with the same company, you can enjoy a package discount.
- Short Commute/Low Mileage – Many of our companies offer discounts for a short commute or no commute.
- Alarm – Aftermarket alarm installed will qualify you for a discount.
- Winter Tire – installation of winter tires will allow for a discount with some companies.
- Conviction Free – some companies will allow a discount if you are conviction free in the previous 3 years.
- Away at School – If your son or daughter attends college or university you can qualify for a discount off their occasional-driver premium.
- Experience – all companies take your driving experience into account to calculate your premium.
- Deductible – a discount is allowed when you choose a higher deductible under some coverages.
Car Insurance Coverage in Ottawa, Ontario
MandatoryIn Ontario, the government regulates that individuals must carry the following coverages:
- Liability – Liability Coverage protects you from bodily damage you do to others or damage to property in an accident. In Ontario $200,000 is the minimum limit, however at Oegema Nicholson we recommend everyone have $2,000,000.
- Direct Compensation – In Ontario we have what is called no-fault insurance, which means regardless of who is at fault, each insurance company pays for the damage to each car. Part of your premium is for this protection.
- Accident Benefits – The government includes basic medical benefits for all drivers to protect them in the event of injury. However, there are options to purchase additional coverage. We recommend you consider additional coverage, based on your health plan at work and your family’s needs.
- Uninsured Motorists – Many drivers in Ontario do not carry insurance. You need protection from these people who operate outside the law. Part of your premium is for this protection.
- Collision Coverage – If you are in an accident where you are deemed to be at fault, you need collision coverage to protect the physical damage to your vehicle. This also protects you in hit & run and parking lot accidents.
- Comprehensive Coverage – This coverage protects you from fire, theft, vandalism, falling objects, and collision with an animal. It also covers glass repairs.
Additional Coverage Options
- Loss of Use (Rental Car Coverage or OPCF 20). – This coverage allows you to rent a car while your vehicle is being repaired.
- Limited Waiver of Depreciation (OPCF 43).
- Liability for Damage to Non-Owned Automobile(s) and Providing Other Coverages When Insured Persons Drive Other Automobiles (OPCF 27).
- Accident Waiver/Accident Protection Endorsement.