One of the most tried and tested methods for communicating every employee’s value to the company is by equipping them with essential benefits and exclusive perks they won’t get anywhere else.
Nothing says ‘you’re valued’ better than a generous and comprehensive group benefits plan.
Support for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Oegema Nicholson offers group benefits plans for employees across a wide range of industries.
We help businesses like yours make attractive and comprehensive benefits available to the people you count on to advocate for your core offerings in the market and help you succeed in becoming an industry leader.
Our custom-tailored group benefits plans offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, critical illness, and disability insurance to your crucial partners.
Group Benefits for Your Valued Partners
Healthy employees make productive partners.
Protect top talent with essential healthcare and financial benefits, and promote increased productivity with a happy and healthy workforce.
Secure your best assets — and the future of your company — with a comprehensive group benefits plan that covers your partners’ most essential needs.
Extended Healthcare Benefits
Healthcare may generally be free in Canada, but that doesn’t mean that residents can count on complete healthcare services. Some of the most basic needs, such as prescription drugs, ambulance and paramedical services, and vision care, are not covered by the government.
Without private insurance, Canadian workers have to pay for these costs out-of-pocket.
But why should they when you can help them?
A group benefits plan provides extended healthcare benefits to qualifying employees — in essence, allowing you to secure the health and well-being of those who look after your business every day.
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision care
- Paramedical services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Emergency travel insurance
- Other medical and wellness treatments
Provide access to both routine, preventative treatments and major oral procedures.
Easily keep track of claims and review coverage through a dedicated benefits management portal:
- Comprehensive dental coverage: help employees access basic treatments at affordable co-pay rates, including dental exams, dental cleaning, dental x-rays, and other minor restorations.
- Major oral treatments: orthodontic treatments and other major oral procedures such as extraction, and root canals.
- Claims tracking
Help employees recover faster and return to work sooner with the right support throughout a critical illness.
Eliminate the financial strain caused by their inability to work and earn their regular income, and provide access to necessary income replacement that their loved ones rely on for survival.
- Lump-sum benefit: provide financial security to the families of critically ill employees through a lump sum critical illness benefit.
- Coverage for a wide range of conditions.
The lasting impacts of a major accident are often felt in their long-term repercussions, such as partial or long-term disability.
This is a necessary investment, especially for industries wherein employees are routinely exposed to hazardous environments, heavy equipment, and toxic chemicals. Outside of occupational injuries, ensuring the well-being of employees even on personal time contributes to long-term productivity.
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Disability period: depending on the nature of the business and the risks that employees are exposed to, you can determine the period for which they are unable to work due to a disability and qualify for benefits, as well as the period for which they are eligible to make claims.
- Custom benefit amounts: work with an insurance specialist to determine the gross income and corresponding benefit amounts of eligible employees.
Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Income replacement: provide long-term income replacement for employees suffering a long-term disability, with amounts calculated according to their gross income and corresponding living expenses.
- Coverage duration: set up a disability benefits program with provisions pertaining to return to work arrangements and long-term coverage duration until retirement.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Provide necessary financial support to the loved ones of impacted employees in the case of death, accidental loss of life, and dismemberment.
Guarantee financial security in the face of a devastating loss with reliable monetary benefits that secures the future of the loved ones they leave behind.
Employee Life Insurance
- Variable coverage: work with an insurance specialist to craft a custom life insurance policy that pays out a suitable death benefit to employee dependents in case of an insured death.
- Support for dependents: employees are family — and so are their loved ones. Extend support to spouses and dependents through spousal support and child benefits.
- Optional life: enable employees to purchase additional life insurance at affordable group rates, and empower their efforts to guarantee increased financial security for loved ones.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Death or dismemberment benefit: pays out an additional benefit in addition to life insurance in case of death or a corresponding payment for dismembering injuries.
- Healthcare expenses: includes benefits for rehabilitative care and treatments, including occupation training and workplace modification in the event of a severe disability that prevents employees from resuming normal duties.
- Financial support for families: includes financial benefits for spouses and children’s education, as well as daycare.
Employee Assistance Program
Provide financial support to employees struggling to make ends meet, especially in the face of a family or personal crisis that impacts their or their spouse’s ability to work and maintain their lifestyle. Employee assistance promotes productivity and reduces further losses through:
- Reducing or managing absenteeism.
- Reduce additional healthcare and disability costs.
- Boost morale and productivity, and reduce turnover rates through continued. financial support and confidential counselling.
Business Overhead Expense
Reduce the long-term impact of employee illness or injury with financial support designed to cover fixed expenses that may be impossible to sustain due to the increased cost of hiring temporary replacements, training new staff, and implementing new safety protocols.
This additional resource is especially crucial for self-employed business owners who are involved in generating sales and revenue and are forced to take some time off to recover and restore the quality of life following a critical diagnosis or disability.
- Coverage for eligible expenses, such as mortgage or rent, utilities, taxes and licenses, equipment maintenance, acquisition, or leases, professional services, and employee salaries.
Thank long-term employees for their years of service and valuable contributions to the growth of the company and help guarantee financial security as they move on to the next chapter — a well-deserved break from their professional careers.
- Online application: quick setup and seamless administration of employee enrollment
- Manage contributions: submit and access contributions easily, monitor eligibility. through planning and reporting tools, and design a comprehensive retirement savings plan.
Oegema Nicholson: Your Partner in Business
At Oegema Nicholson, our role is to bridge the gap between the financial constraints that small and medium-sized enterprises often face the need to foster a positive and nurturing company culture. That’s why we strive to make group benefits as affordable as possible.
Our goal is to equip Canadian businesses — and their partners — with health and wellness benefits, as well as added financial protection.
With a comprehensive group benefits plan, you can guarantee long-term productivity at a cost that is affordable and sustainable. Earn tax savings and inspire employee loyalty in the process, and enjoy 24/7 accessible customer support from insurance specialists dedicated to helping you do better business.
For more information on keeping employees happy and productive with a comprehensive group benefits plan, call Oegema Nicholson (613) 224-1455 or contact us here.