When To Revisit Your Home Insurance
Do you know what changes might require you to revisit your Home Insurance?
Making changes to your home can have an impact on your insurance, and may require you to revisit your home insurance policy to ensure you have the correct coverage. A wide variety changes can have an impact on your insurance policies such as life and lifestyle changes. Life changes are typically referred to as the big changes that happen in life, such as getting married or having a baby. However, lifestyle changes are often overlooked, but can still have an impact on what your insurance rates and coverage.
What are some of these lifestyle changes that I should be aware of?
Basically, any changes or improvement to your home that may change your current coverage here are some examples:
- Indoor Home Renovations: Adding features such as hardwood flooring, a new kitchen, or another bathroom might require extra insurance to make sure everything is covered for the proper value.
- Outdoor Home Renovations: Building a shed, putting an addition on your home, building a deck, or changing your landscaping (fencing, paving, pools….etc.).
- Home Updates: New furnace, water heater, or even a security system.
- Personal Items: It’s important to make sure that any personal valuable items you have are properly appraised and added to your insurance, for example, jewelry.
- Starting a Home Business: Let’s chat and make sure that you are properly covered and protected, even if the business is out of your own home.
- You’re Moving: A new home, apartment, or condo could mean changes to your insurance needs and rates.
- Children leaving for College or Coming back Home: This could also affect your rates with persons leaving or re-entering your household, it is always best to double check your policy to make sure everything is covered.
We understand here at ONA that understanding when to change your policy isn’t always black-and-white, and that’s why our team is always available to answer your questions. We’re here to help make sure you have the proper and best coverage for your needs, no matter how those needs may change over time.
Feel free to get in touch with us to get a home insurance quote today!